CALL US: 800-961-2949     |     Mail:

12 OFAC Categories

What are the 12 OFAC Categories?

How do I know which category to apply under?

The general licenses are self-qualifying. Familiarize yourself with the 12 OFAC categories and determine which category best fits with your purpose of travel. All licensing is authorized by the Office of Foreign Assets Control. If you are unsure of what license you should be traveling under please contact the Licensing Division of the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) at 1-202-622-2480 or visit their website.
Please note: a visa is a completely different document from the travel license (affidavit provided by your airline), and all U.S. visitors to Cuba are required to have one in hand before arriving.

Can we have free time when doing a P2P program?

Yes, often times there will be free time in the evenings. However, the US Department of the Treasuries Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requires that individuals traveling under a “people to people” category partake in a full-time schedule of educational activities resulting in meaningful interaction with the Cuban people.